Friday, March 6, 2015

Dating Today

By popular demand and one of my readers, TJ; here's an article on "dating" today.  It basically talks about dating today and how many are always on the lookout for the next best thing.  There are simply too many options today, or at least the appearance of too many options.  Just because there are hundreds of thousands of singles on OkCupid, does not mean that the percentages of people you'd be interested in dating are increased.

Although I agree, many people are afflicted with the whole, "what's the next best thing" view on dating, I am not one of them.  I know what I'm looking for and will be more than ecstatic when I actually find it.  I realize, it may not be in the package I had imagined - around my age, tall, ivy educated, et al.  And I think that's something I learned not too long ago.

I've talked smack about facebook and social media a lot in the past, working on another blurb right now.  I do believe it is unfortunate that so many are validating themselves through likes, favorites, upvotes, et al.  And I do hope many have come to realize social media represents the very well curated version of how someone wants to appear, not necessarily how they really are.

1 comment:

  1. On a related note, a friend just sent me this gem:

    http://www.theawl.com/2011/09/my-superpower-is-being-alone-forever

    ReplyDelete