Friday, March 27, 2015

Dating Momentum

I thought I've talked about this before, but I can't find it anywhere, which brings me to how have I not talked about this before???

So, related to an earlier post, I believe in dating momentum.  Let's say you meet a guy you really like.  You go on a few dates and you continue to like him.  Then you don't see him for a long period of time because of travel, family, friends, illnesses, work, natural disasters, et al.  Even though you really really liked him before, your interest level is almost at zero because you haven't seen him in weeks, months, years, et al.  Because you liked him a lot in the beginning, your interest in him stayed around for a longer period of time, but it's nonexistent when too much time has gone by and the momentum is gone.  You might even be bored.  Is this the same for guys?

Some would argue, but if you are in love with each other, not seeing each other for a long time wouldn't matter and "distance makes the heart grow fonder."  I find that once the momentum is gone, it's hard to get back.

2 comments:

  1. I can't speak for guys, but I know that for myself, it depends on how long we've been dating and how strongly I feel. I've felt that both absence makes the heart grow fonder AND out of sight, out of mind (usually if it's the latter it means I'm not that into him). I'm guessing guys can feel both, depending on the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete