Saturday, January 12, 2013

January Funk

Everyone, time to cheer up.  Yeah, the weather is sh*tty, it's January, you've seen tons of people get engaged on FB, you ate yourself into a coma over the holidays and your pants are snug, etc.  I've heard too many stories about depressed single girls over the last two weeks (friends, and friends of friends all over the US).

Let's think about this logically, is disappearing into a big black hole of depression productive?  Does it make you feel better?  Will that help you find THE guy?  No.

Read somewhere that anger helps people think clearer.  For me, it helps me think clearer and take action.  It's like, "I am not going to take this f*cking sh*t; I always get what I want."  I won't tolerate a guy just because he likes me.  I need to like him too!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I'm about to write a blog post on this too. My "trick" for whenever I feel sorry for myself is to donate money to charities that help bring clean water and/or women's health to developing countries. I don't mean to sound self-righteous, but it reminds me to put my life in perspective. I am so lucky to have all these CHOICES in my life!

    ReplyDelete