Thursday, July 28, 2011

Same Issues?

I went to happy hour and feel like I meet these people all the time. 
  1. 20/30 something gal with trouble in the dating world.  Tonight's story was about really hitting it off with a friend of a friend (guy), only to have nothing come of it.  She said they talked at the party all night together and she made it pretty clear she was interested.  He never called, texted, emailed, etc.  He never even responded to her social networking connection request.  Mother f*cker, seriously?!?!  I just don't get it!  The first part of the story really sounded like my Odie tale.  Should I be happy or sad that other people have almost identical stories?  She even said guys in SF want assertive women.  Well, how about the guys in SF be men!?
  2. Really flamboyant guy (could be gay), but all the ladies loved him.  I then learned he is an absolute hit with the ladies; gets girls left and right.  Wtf?  Okay ladies, we know everyone likes a gay pal, but let's try not to date them.
This having the same issue thing is sad.  We are all looking for the same thing, someone to spend forever with.  How can this be so difficult, especially since we all have the same goal and are actively looking??  Have we been corrupted by Hollywood?  Do we think we will "just know" when we meet that special someone?  Are we being totally unrealistic in our searches?  I know I am picky and a part of me wants to "just know," but I know that probably won't happen.  I hope I am not the only one who knows this.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to the wrong places to meet men. While you may being picky (granted I don't know your criteria), you need to shake up your routine for meeting the types of guys you seek out. If your GFs and you hit happy hours in SF in Soma, Marina, etc GET OUT. Head down south to spots like Palo Alto that are loaded with intelligent, normal, non game playing men. That is why I started my business, Linx Dating, in the first place and became a professional matchmaker. Join our events too http://www.linxdating.com/listing.html

    Warm regards,

    Amy Andersen
    amy@linxdating.com

    ReplyDelete