Monday, October 3, 2011

Talk Much?

I think it's pretty funny that guys try to talk me into going out with them. Unfortunately for me, this works every now and then. What possesses me to agree with such nonsense?
  1. I think I am being a "good person" because I am giving them a chance. Who knows, maybe they will wow me with their conversational skills
  2. I don't mind a free meal
  3. I have nothing better to do
Analysis:
I think the answer might be choice #1.

Let's examine the other choices. #2, a free meal really isn't that hard to come by. Also, remember there is the opportunity cost of my time. Is a $40 meal worth 2 hours of my life that I can spend doing something else? Eh. #3, I do have better stuff to do. I could be sleeping, looking for jobs, watching tv, hanging out with friends, etc.

Have the guys who talked me into going out with them been successful? Not really. Yes, I went out with them and gave them a chance. I already wasn't into him all that much, so unless he really wowed me, he would only be digging himself a deeper grave.

Advice:
Guys, yes you might be so charming that a girl will fall head over heels for you across the table at dinner if she didn't even want to go out with you in the first place. However, it might be more likely that nothing will come of it unless she is desperate or really bored.  You don't want that, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment