Friday, February 1, 2013

Hanging Out

Times have changed and not for the better.  This article in NYT talks about traditional dating and how it's virtually nonexistent.  If you want a traditional dating experience/courtship, I don't think you should accomodate "hanging out" and last minute "dates" which consist of meeting some guy and all his friends at a bar.

The article mostly focuses on people in their 20s, but I think a lot of it applies to those of us in our 30s.  Dating has become too casual and guys have become lazy.  The article touches on technology possibly being the cause of this "hanging out" culture; I would blame technology.  As I have said in the past, texting, facebook, cell phones, etc. have all made everyone too available.  When I am out, I do not want to be found.  I certainly don't want to be pinged to meet up with some guy in 20 minutes; no of course I don't go!

No comments:

Post a Comment