Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Dating In New York

I can't say I really know how dating in New York works.  I went on three dates.
  • Guy #1 - Divorced guy, mid 40s, higher up in investment banking.  Very take charge in reaching out, setting up the date, etc., which I like.  Nice guy, but not for me.  Big oversharer.  Also don't think he is really ready to date since he brought up his ex wife and a few ex girlfriends.  I really don't know why guys bring up exes
  • Guy #2 - Never married guy, late 40s, hedge fund guy.  Nice guy and looked nothing like his photos. Think he was nervous (based on him talking about the NYC subway system for 20 minutes, ie, nothing to say, grasping at straws)
  • Guy #3 - Never married guy, early 40s, lawyer.  Nice guy, much shorter than he claimed to be.  Also brought up an ex gf
Three other guys wanted to go out and dates were not set.  One guy wanted me to go to Brooklyn (a place convenient for him and not even close to being convenient for me).  Another guy was whiny in his texts and vmails; he also didn't know how to make plans (no, I was not impressed with the fact that he is a young surgeon).  The last guy left the ball in my court and I forgot he existed.

5 comments:

  1. Lots of successful men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Financially successful men, just shame there was no chemistry and had no personality...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like dating SF, lol...kinda...the NY dates were much better than any date I've been on in SF

      Delete
  3. Interesting that all the men were in their 40s. Lots of guys bring up ex's on dates and I don't get it either, it makes me SO uncomfortable. Then again, I'm very anti discussing the past anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guys in their 30s were weeded out by me based on their emails/interests, lol. I am with you, totally anti discussing the past!

      Delete