Friday, December 5, 2008

Now I Am Insulted

I went to happy hour in the Financial District (Americano) with some coworkers. Over the past 3 weeks, my coworker Sue gushed on and on about a friend for me that was fabulous; went to Oxford, works at the Exchange, cute, nice, smart, etc. Sounds too good to be true right? Yeah, I was highly insulted when I met this guy. Description:
  • Balding white guy with a fro...yes this is possible
  • Completely hideous (about a 2 out of 10)
  • At least 45 years old
I asked Sue (in front of the other coworkers), "Are you f*cking kidding me. This is who you think would be a great match for me?"

Analysis/Theory
When someone tries to set you up, you learn what this person really thinks of you. How the f*ck were we a good match in her mind? Even her boyfriend didn't get it. So, as a better explanation, I think she:
  1. Has terrible taste
  2. Is blind
  3. Is stupid
I couldn't stop laughing and neither could my coworkers. All they could say was, "Really? Are you sure she is a friend? That guy? Wow."

No comments:

Post a Comment