Friday, February 3, 2017

Five Dating And Relationship Resolutions

Currently, I have five dating and relationship resolutions.  I might add more later.  These are the ones that are most important for me right now.

  1. Be more present.  I can't change the past and I can't predict the future.  Why waste time and energy thinking about either one?
  2. Accept things as they are, not how I think they should be or how I'd like them to be
  3. Stop giving guys the benefit of the doubt and cancel when I have a sneaking suspicion the date will be terrible.  I can't remember a time where I wanted to cancel, went, and it turned out to be great.  (If you read Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, he basically says you become an expert at something once you do it for over 10,000 hours.  I know I've had more than 10,000 hours of going on dates, analyzing texts, emails, and conversations, and talking about men, dating, and relationships.)
  4. Treat a guy with the utmost level of irrelevancy until he gives me reasons to make him relevant in my life.  I will not spend more than one minute talking about guys with my friends before or after a date.  I will not play the "what if" game.  I will not let guys who don't get the hint annoy me.  Et al.
  5. Not take things on my calendar so seriously.  For example, one of my girlfriends keeps asking me to lunch and rescheduling.  Going forward, I'll leave it penciled in on my calendar, but if that day and time rolls around and I'd rather do something else, I'm canceling and doing that something else

No comments:

Post a Comment