Thursday, January 5, 2017

Modern Romance

I'm about a third of the way through Aziz Ansari's book, Modern Romance.  He's the comedian that who on The Office.  Some things he said that I've always said (he had scholars and researchers backing him up, I just examined my life and those of my friends):
  1. Most of the time, messages like "Hey," "Hi," "What's up?" et al do not get responses
  2. Many daters believe online dating is exhausting
  3. Instead of trading hundreds of texts or emails, meet as soon as possible
I like to meet ASAP because you don't really get to know a person unless you interact face to face.  Also, I don't have hours to spend hunched over my phone.

1 comment:

  1. He also talks about how the overwhelming number of options, thanks to dating sites, basically hinders more than it helps.

    ReplyDelete