Monday, November 21, 2016

Under The Weather

I've been under the weather a lot this year.  I usually get sick once, maybe twice a year.  I've been sick four or five times already and the year isn't even over.  I'll take this as a sign that I need to stop cramming things into my schedule and take some me time.  A night of binge watching some show on Netflix and sleeping in is what I need, not another date.

I'm going to cancel a date this week (I haven't done it yet) and I cancelled that second date I was supposed to go on over the weekend.  He's been texting me since and I haven't replied.  Yes, I can send a text from bed, but I don't want to.  It's a better use of my energy to recuperate, not to answer a thousand questions and try to reschedule.  Even if I was into him, which I don't think I am, I still wouldn't reply right now.

I need to take some time to think about things.  I'm a big believer in "happy people don't get sick."  Well, based on how many times I've been sick this year, it looks like I need to increase my happiness level.  And, I'm quite sure this is something I need to do by myself, not by going on dates; that can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment