Wednesday, May 9, 2018

A Few Dates

Over the last few months, I've gone on a few dates.
  1. Guy who bragged about how his dog is a "chick magnet"
  2. Guy who had really long fingernails I couldn't help but stare at
  3. Guy who may have been more into men than women
  4. Guy who had interesting things to talk about
I found myself thinking, if guy number one didn't brag about his dog being a "chick magnet," would have I wanted to see him again? No. If guy number two had shorter fingernails, would I have wanted to see him again? No. If I had thought guy number three was more into women, would I have wanted to see him again? No. So by thinking pf someone as the "long fingernail guy" or whatever else, I'm not ruling them out because of long nails, dogs, et al, no, it's because I didn't like him and that was just another straw to add to the camel's back. I'm sure men think like this about women too.

Guy number four is the only one I would have agreed to see again. We didn't have a spark (not that I had a spark with the others), but he was interesting and we talked about interesting things (vs the let's talk about our jobs for two hours conversations).  He has asked me out since and our calendars haven't lined up.  I don't know if I should see him again though because I don't think it'd be fair to him because I feel no spark.

Guys two to four were all nice guys, we just aren't good matches.  Guy number one was the only questionable one.  3 out of 4 being nice is quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment