Wednesday, December 11, 2013

An Improvement

I've been meeting a lot of guys...a lot of guys that I'm not interested in.  Oddly (or not oddly) enough, two software engineers stand out:
  1. Software engineer complaining about how his life is so very difficult because he has five job offers and they keep outbidding each other.  This is a problem?  What a tool.  It didn't even register with him that other people would kill for his "problem."  He was arrogant and entitled (no surprise here)
  2. Software engineer hitting on me and one of my girl friends.  We were trying to be very polite in brushing him off.  Our politeness must have caused him to think we wanted to talk to him?  He wouldn't even leave when I said, "It's been nice chatting with you, have a great night"
 However, I must say, kudos to them for approaching!

4 comments:

  1. It seems that all you meet have been old rich guys and young tech guys. It's a shame that those damn commuter buses have driven out all the cool people in SF and replaced them with tech douche bags. I'm starting to wonder if my 10yo rent controlled apartment will soon become a prison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met some old tech guys over the weekend, they personalities were just as bad as the young tech guys. It is a shame because SF is a lovely city...if only there were more cool people than dbags

      Delete
  2. Yes kudos to them for approaching and it's good you gave them politeness. As to the software engineer who was complaining about his life, it amazes me how people get in their own psychological bubbles of negativity and forget to have gratitude for what they do have. But it's good he was open, so you didn't find out he was like that after you might have dated him. :) like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe this guy was complaining, I would love to have several companies offering me a new job. Yes, that is true, good thing they aren't hiding their hideous personalities

      Delete