Thursday, December 1, 2011

Good Enough

I read this article a while ago and recently read Lori Gottlieb's book called "Marry Him."  I'll let you read the article yourself, though I may have talked about it in an earlier post; I just can't remember.

So, in this book, "Marry Him," she talks about a lot of things, but some points stuck out.
  • The less information you have on your online dating profile, the better because people build fantasies and have expectations based on what they read
  • Don't find reasons to rule guys out online, find reasons to go out with them because you never know if you don't give them a shot (I have been trying to do this, it hasn't been working)
  • Just because a guy is good to date, doesn't mean he is good to marry
  • Find the guy that wants to be married and have the "boring life;" I see nothing wrong with a "boring life" (I kinda have one right now and it's great)
  • Stop chasing perfection and realize good enough is really quite good (one of my really good friends has said everyone settles and I have always agreed)
This is a lot to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment