Saturday, August 1, 2015

Thinking About My Tirade

I was thinking about my tirade on guys contacting me with no real reason.  Let's use this guy as an example.  When we first exchanged numbers, he texted me that day to ask me out for the next night.  I didn't like that, but overlooked it.  My interest level did not change.  When he sent me several texts later that night with no reason (other than to tell me what he's doing...remember, we've never met before), my interest level decreased a bit.  When he sent me 18 texts in 14 hours, which then turned into 22 texts in 24 hours (with me still only replying to that one from the night before), I got very annoyed and was ready to block him.

I started thinking about this.  If I was very interested in him to begin with and he had done all these things, would I still be very interested in him?  No.  He's pushy and sending me texts like "?????" every few minutes/hours is obnoxious.  Rather than blocking him, I am going conduct a social experiment.  I will not respond to any texts unless they are texts asking me out.  I suspect this never happens to him since he is a very successful man.  Quite frankly, I don't care if he stops texting me and I never meet him.

He's like this now and we've never met.  How would he be if we actually dated?  Exactly.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of doing a social experiment on these types of men! I agree that dating someone like this, who would be pissy/pushy via text on a daily basis, would be miserable!

    I once dated a guy who would just copy, paste, and send his previous text again if he didn't get a response as fast as he wanted. Kind of immature, but better than sending "????" I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi M, LOL. I think I'd rather have the previous text resent over the ?????

      Delete