Saturday, November 24, 2012

Reminders

I probably shouldn't have continued with Smart Guy because after the sixth or so date, I knew he wasn't the right guy for me (but hoped he was because he was cute and good on paper).  Well, maybe not that good on paper.  I was reminded of several things, the biggest one?  Follow your gut.  Yes, it's fine to go out with a guy twice if you aren't sure, but 10+ times because of chemistry?  Not a good idea. 

Also, once you see his true colors, you know how he really is (so, discount those "good" days, they are not real and shouldn't go on the pro side of your pro/con list).  If you don't want to text/gchat/email for hours, don't feel bad about not replying; if a guy really likes you, he'll contact you again another time.  I actually think when a guy texts for hours it's because he is bored and doesn't have much to do vs him being so very interested.  He probably likes the attention and has nothing better to do.  Pay close attention to how you feel during the date and right after you see  him.  Are you happy or miserable?  Are you relaxed or irritated?

Ever since I stopped talking to the most recent guy, I have been back to my positive and relaxed self.  Think his pessimism and anxiety were rubbing off on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment