Monday, October 30, 2017

Yes, I Went On That Date

Yes, I went on that date.  The date that I thought was two friends having dinner, not two people on a date.  I was wrong.  It was a date.  He referred to it as a date and was more dressed up than I had ever seen him.

It was a lot of fun.  He seemed much happier than the first time I met up with him.  Seeing him happier made him more attractive.  He's cute.  We have chemistry.  We had a lot to talk about.  We laughed a lot.  I left the date thinking, he's someone I want to see again.

Then, I thought about it some more.  We had a great time, but I'm not sure he's over his ex.  I don't want to be a rebound.  Sure, he could be truly over it, and I think if that were the case, he'd show me that.  Maybe he thinks he's over it, but really isn't?

He asked me out again, and I was busy.  He also asked me to meet him on an out of state business trip.  I feel like it's too soon for that.  Is he trying to 1) find someone to sleep with and thinks an overnight trip will do the trick, 2) move things along quickly (possibly to fill a void), or 3) it'd really be innocent.  Or, maybe someone else I haven't considered?

How am I going to handle it if/when he asks me out again?  It'll probably be a long time from now because of the upcoming holidays.  We are both going to be out of town a lot.  Time is good.  Time heals all wounds, right?

I'm not ruling him out, but I'm also not holding my breath.  If we're meant to go out again, it'll happen, especially based on our history of running into each other.

5 comments:

  1. What makes you think he may not be over his ex? does he keep mentioning her?
    I was not at all over my ex when I started my current relationship, now I am at a point where I do not think about him nor care at all about what he does, but it may be really difficult when you have invested a lot in a relationship to get over someone because of all the memories.
    The problem is whether he has romantic feelings still or he just keeps good memories, anyways...I would not meeting him on the business trip (no way! that is too much), but he seems interesting and who knows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He mentioned her a few times.

      That's great that you've gotten to that point with your ex! You are completely over him!

      That business trip invitation was a big surprise

      Delete
  2. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This guy asked you to go on a business trip with him for the second date?! That's extremely strange. wtf is wrong with people in sf?! I swear this is the city full of misfit toys.

    ReplyDelete