Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Asking Myself Some Questions

Instead of thinking about men, dating, and relationships, I've been putting my energy into asking myself some questions.
  1. If I didn't have to work for money and could do anything I want, what would it be and why?  
  2. If I could live anywhere in the world, where would I live and why?  
  3. If I could visit anywhere in the world, where would I go an why?
I think these are good soul searching questions for anyone who feels a little bored, confused, or just blah.

I'm sprucing up my apartment while I work on these questions.  I also bought new luggage so I have one less excuse as to why I'm not traveling the world.  I've noticed many people make excuses to themselves.  I'm one of them and I'm working to change that.  When I tell myself some kind of excuse, I've been asking myself, what am I avoiding or why is that my current thinking?  For example, I can't travel the world because I don't have an international sized carry on.  Now that I've bought one, I find myself saying, I can't go anywhere because it's hard to line up schedules with friends.  Well, why can't I go alone?  Of course, I can.

6 comments:

  1. Those are great questions. I travel alone a lot and meet new people all over the world. It's actually nice not to worry about whether your travel companion is ok, having fun, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Are there any countries you wouldn't visit on your own?

      Delete
    2. Not really, although in some I'm careful where I go by myself. That being said, Iran, Afghanistan, etc are out.

      Delete
  2. I love solo travel! I also use the same carry-on size suitcase for all my travels. It's been tricky cramming 3 weeks' worth of stuff into it, but I'd rather wear everything 3 times than to come back with unworn clothes because I overpacked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Would much rather wear everything on repeat than have unworn clothes. Are there any countries you wouldn't visit on your own?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, most are pretty obvious of places you shouldn't go solo as a female or if you do, dress modestly. Placed that I've been with others that I wouldn't do solo: Egypt, Morocco, India, Guatemala. Of course, this is a personal preference based on how unsafe I felt in those places. Whenever I do travel solo, I make a point not wear shorts/tank tops (if local women don't) and not to stay out after dark.

      Delete