Friday, April 15, 2011

You Want Me To Think I Know You?

I was on my way to work this morning and some guy I have never seen in my life gave me "the nod." "The nod" is that slight upward chin movement typically reserved for those you know or recognize, accompanied with direct eye contact. Since I don't know or recognize this guy, I simply glared and gave him the death stare. I was so scary that he jumped into the street and dodged oncoming traffic just to get away from me. Nice!! I don't think he really though he knew me. He was banking on me acknowledging him because most normal people:
  • Are polite (I can be depending on the circumstances, this was obviously not one where I would be)
  • Are really embarrassed if they don't recognize someone they have met before (I forget people all the time and it doesn't bother me at all)
I watched him cross the street and approach three different guys. I don't think he knew these guys either since I saw the confusion on their faces. However, these guys were polite, even when he threw his arm around them. He could have stolen their wallets for all they know.

Yeah, it's not very nice to death stare people I don't know, but this could really save my life or my wallet one day! And no, I wouldn't have death stared him if he was cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment