Tuesday, March 8, 2011

No Plus One

I would rather go to a wedding alone than bring a guest.  I only attending weddings of very close friends and family.  It is a great chance to catch up with everyone; I don't live nearby.  I also do not want to deal with the hassle of having to entertain my guest who will not know anyone.  Also, I don't want a "guest" to meet my family and childhood friends.  These are people who have seen me grow up (assuming I am a grownup) and people I grew up with. 

Could I have commitment phobia?  Yes.  I wouldn't say it is a phobia...it's more an aversion.  I do not like new groups to meet well established groups (the groups that will never go away).

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to be the sort of person who brought a date to weddings, but I find that the pressure of bringing some random guy to an intimate family setting is just too much. I'd love to be more breezy and carefree about it, but I know that my mom, grandma, and aunts would pounce all over him and that's just an awful thing to do to a guy you're not sure about yet!

    xoxo
    Jennifer
    The Art of Being You

    ReplyDelete