Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So You Want A Job

Went to another networking event.  It must be networking season.  Lots of people out there are unemployed in San Francisco.  Nothing with networking to find a job.  However, a few things I noticed tonight which lead to dos/don'ts for a networking event:
  • Do not get sloppy drunk (this should be obvious)
  • Do not gesture wildly and hit people
  • Do understand body language and signs of boredom
  • Do watch your tone; asking, "Where do you work?" is different from "WHERE do YOU work?"
  • Do not follow people around
  • Do not make fun of my major (so you want me to help you find a job, but you are ragging on my major?  Genius)
This should all be common sense, unfortunately, it's not.

1 comment:

  1. Lol. Um wow. I can't believe people need help with this! You would think it would all be obvious common sense.

    ReplyDelete