Saturday, September 5, 2015

Sh*t Sh*t Sh*t

I just received first class tickets for a weekend getaway to Seattle from New Leaf Guy for after he gets back from his work travel later this month.  He said if those dates don't work, we can find a better weekend.  Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, I don't know what to do.  I was so angry with him months ago.  I swore him off!

As we know, with time, we forget how angry we were and remember the good more than the bad (I don't know about you, but I do this).  Since his facebook games didn't work, this is his new angle?  I know this is his idea of a grand gesture.  It does seem like he is trying.
 
I've been on some very uninspiring dates recently, which makes this even more tempting.  Well, that and the fact that I know I liked him.  I don't like many of the men I meet.

8 comments:

  1. That sure is a grand gesture! Maybe your talk finally got through to him. I would go! It's a free trip, and you're totally in control of what you do once you're there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You like him because he is giving you things. The tone of your blog posts (I've been reading for years) is that you expect a guy to wine and dine you, to buy you nice things, while you sit back and take them because you "deserve" it for the sheer fact of being a woman. You've never once listed any of the things you LIKE about this guy, only what he's lacking and why you're annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, you are correct, I do like it when men are gentlemen and I do believe it is their role to wine and dine women (not all women look for this, I understand, but I do). I know you don't know me IRL. Men wine and dine me very frequently. Recently, a guy I've never met emailed me a $200 Amazon gift card because I was having a bad day. I've been taken to the best restaurants in SF by many men who have been hoping to impress me. What I'm saying is finding a man who buys me things and wines and dines is a piece of cake.

      You've been a reader for years, so you know the answer to this...what do I like about him? We have a spark. He's smart, and we have a good time. Perhaps I haven't spelled it out, but I guess a reader could figure this out because the opposites apply when it wasn't a good date. I'm sure I've talked about spark before...

      Delete
  3. From my perspective, this invitation is just a pre-scheduled booty call. Yeah, an expensive one but still. I think you'll take it because it's right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not yet. Isn't it pretty transparent that's what this trip is all about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think so. It's more about following up on broken promises

      Delete