Friday, July 13, 2012

Yes, He Is In The Picture

I've gotten a lot of questions about Smart Guy. Yes, he is in the picture. We actually talk/text/email everyday. Surprisingly, this has not gotten on my nerves.  We have not had another date due to work obligations.  He's the only guy I've found remotely interesting in five years.  Yeah, five years.  The other guys I dated were all guys I talked myself into dating.  Didn't see any of them and think, "Wow, he's cute."  Smart Guy isn't my typical "type."  He's got light hair and more than 4% body fat!

Smart Guy is pretty cool (remember, we just met), but I suspect part of me being interested in him has something to do with the fact that I am more open to meeting someone now.  Yeah, many of my posts talk about how hard it is to find a guy in SF, blah blah.  I think a lot of it had to do with me not really wanting to find a guy.  After I got back from a short vacation in June, I felt sorta ready (hey, that's a huge step)!

I got a little crazy and NO I didn't tell him! I did the whole, "How many other girls is he talking to?" thing in my head. It's a valid question; a question I would NEVER ask him. Then I remembered all the conversations I have had with SF guys and was reminded of something HUGE - low supply and high demand of SF girls. I am covered.  Also, not to be a d*ck, but I am not exactly at the bottom of the barrel here.

I know I should going out with more guys. I don't think I'm able to do this because I feel bad for the new guy (the guy that is not already the favorite - yeah, Smart Guy is the favorite).  A new guy could be really psyched, but I just wouldn't be into it; he wouldn't even know why, but it could bother him.  See, I do have compassion, I just don't want you to know.  Besides, no one new I would want to go out with has contacted me.

2 comments:

  1. Going out with multiple guys is great, IN THEORY. You don't get obsessed with one, you can weigh out your options, and you can put a little fire under their a**es. But, it's difficult emotionally. It's hard not to compare. It's hard not to think that he's doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, if only we could find more guys that we would want to go out with. I think same applies for guys. It's a good thing this one is totally inundated with work.

    ReplyDelete