Monday, April 26, 2010

The Brain

How many parts are there to The Brain tale?  I don't know.  It's not even entirely over even though we are broken up.

The Brain was a great con artist and great on paper...smart, successful, pursued me, funny, easy to be with, etc.  Well, after 15+ dates, I learned that I was totally, utterly wrong.  Yes, he is still great on paper, but his personality is not what I had thought it would be.  He could win an award.  High strung comes to mind as an incredibly accurate descriptor.  As does critical and negative.  For those of you who know me, yes, I can be critical, but I am certainly not negative.  I do not appreciate negativity and try to stay as far away from it as possible.

I continued dating him because he was great on paper.  Also, he is in love with me, and wants to marry me.  Those are incredibly asinine reasons to date a guy and I will be the first to admit it.

I do not regret dating him, but I do feel like I have been tricked...I don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment