Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another Weekend

Another weekend has come and gone.

I went out to dinner with Arthur.  I keep trying to see him in a different light, but I don't think it is possible.  He is really nice, smart, well mannered, etc.  Unfortunately, there is 0 attraction (at least on my end).  Everything about that evening screamed "date."  He is really sweet; I wonder if there is anyone I can set him up with...

Felix is thisclose to me never answering his calls/emails/texts.  I will get really fed up and say "screw it;" I am not sure when...it's not something I can predict, you know?  I hope he isn't on an ego-high because he believes I am sitting by the phone waiting for him to call.  I know how players play and how nice guys behave, but I can't put my finger on what is going here.  He is not a player, but he's also not dating like a nice guy.  Felix tries to nudge the ball back into my court every time I lob it into his.  It's like he doesn't realize he is to make the next move?  Or maybe he does and doesn't know to go about it?  Why am I even trying to guess the reason?  All I have to say on this topic is, this chance I have extended can just as easily be rescinded.  I will not be here until the end of time waiting for him to make his move.

Dewey wants to hang out some time.

The Bragger wants to hang out.  He really doesn't know how to go about it.  Every I run into him (which is a lot), he mentions hanging out.

Guys, stop using the term "hang out" and learn how to say, "Let's go out.  How about dinner on (fill in the blank) night?"  This alone could explain why there is a huge population of early/mid/late 30s guys in San Francisco who have never been married (or close to it) in their lives.

1 comment:

  1. but the thing is, i use the phrase "hangout" too. if you want them to stop using that term, just clarify it in your response: "ok, how about we hangout saturday and have dinner together. let's make it a date! sound good?" i guess this phrase isn't too big a deal to me...there are worse phrases on my list.

    ReplyDelete