Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Introversion in San Francisco

If you haven't figured it out yet, I am an introvert.  Yes, I attend many events, parties etc., but I would really much rather be in my apartment in sweats, not talking to strangers.  I've always been an introvert, but I try to balance it by meeting new people.  I would rather have a small group of close friends than know everyone and their mom.

I think San Francisco is full of introverts which is why people have difficulty meeting new people.  On a Friday/Saturday night more than 50% of my immediate neighbors are home and on their computers.  Not a Peeping Tom, but when people don't close their blinds at night...

4 comments:

  1. Introvert!!

    Is that a joke lol!?

    BTW,I'm just checking out your blog for the first time and I'm enjoying your style.Feel free to check out mines and spread the blog love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kenny, glad you enjoy! Will be sure to check out your blog. Yup, SF is full of introverts, myself included.

      Delete
  2. You should look at this clip. It's really quite on point.

    http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts.html

    Also, for more information.

    http://blog.ted.com/2012/02/28/an-introverted-call-to-action-susan-cain-at-ted2012/

    Enjoy, Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the clip, Benjamin! Very funny, I am #2 on the library waiting list to read Susan Cain's book.

      Delete