Friday, January 7, 2011

Facebook

I believe the average Facebook user has a Facebook user life cycle.  I remember when Facebook first came out and was only made available to students or people with a .edu email address; that's when I signed up.  I loved Facebook when it first came out.  I was on all the time reading about what all my "friends" were up to.  I accepted 98% of all invites.  These "friends" were more acquaintances than friends.  I spent over eight hours a day on Facebook (well, it was on in the background).  My usage must have peaked around 2008.  Now, I am bored of Facebook.  I don't care what people are doing, where they are going, what their kids have done, what they ate for lunch, and what they are bitching about; it is mental clutter.  Many of my "friends" do not even have full access to my profile because I don't want them to know who I am related to, what pictures I have posted, what I am thinking about, etc.  I used to log on Facebook all day, now, I can't even look at it for more than three minutes a day even though I have blocked 98% of my "friends" from my news feed.  I would guess the FB life cycle is five years.  Facebook will never go away.  The number of new users is exponentially higher than users that quit.

By the way, Mark Zuckerberg seems like a nice guy.  He is dating someone not very attractive, but brilliant.  He could have any girl he wants.  Does he realize this??

I went on a Facebook tangent because Odie and I are on the same invite for a party.  He is "Attending."  Of course...  Facebook has also been in The Wall Street Journal all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment